Tuesday, July 14, 2009

IPOD/iTunes Question! How to create random playlist?

Hello all...





So this is the problem I'm having. I have an iPod Mini (4GB) and 13.41 GB (growning daily as I input more songs into iTunes from my hdd) in my iTunes library.





What I don't want to do is be left to make decisions about what songs to put on my iPod. It gets too difficult in cutting the last few. So, if there was a way to randomize a playlist (containing a set number of songs) that'd help me out a lot.





I don't particulary care what songs are on my iPod b/c i like all the songs I have. But I'd like a wide selection.





I tried making a smart playlist w/ the following settings, but it did not work:


Grouping contain's "Music" (all my songs have that grouping)


Limit to 680 songs selected randomly


Live Updating





The results weren't particularly random.





I'm using a Win XP computer. So, if there is some apple script that would help me, it wont work.





Thanks for the help.

IPOD/iTunes Question! How to create random playlist?
Wikipedia.com has basically the answer up there, just type the search





Good luck with it and have a good day!

quince

No comments:

Post a Comment